THE BUYING PROCESS
Your decision to purchase a new home is your first step towards ownership of one of the finest built homes in Pennsylvania. The Gambone Organization would like to make this process pleasant and fun for you. To achieve this goal, we've outlined the steps below that will keep this process both simple and enjoyable.
- You can reserve your lot for $1,000.00 to $1,500.00, depending on the site, payable by check. Upon completion of the lot reservation form, your sales associate will also give you a copy of the Homeowner's Documents, if applicable, for the community you've selected for your review and a financial form for your completion. The lot deposit is fully refundable and non-binding on all parties. Should you decide not to purchase a Gambone home, your deposit will be returned to you.
- During the seven (7) days period while you are reviewing the Documents, your sales associate will schedule necessary appointments with you to walk the lot, review standard features and discuss options.
- Your sales associate will prepare an Agreement of Sale for you and include the options that you have decided you want in your new home. It is highly recommended that all structural options be selected at this time. Your sales associate can further explain the timing for other options and selections during the building process. Some changes may incur a fee for changing a selection or an option.
- There are two deposits that are required at the time of the Agreement of Sale. The options you choose are paid to the Seller and are nonrefundable once the Agreement has been fully executed by all parties. There is also a deposit to the real estate company representing the community for ten percent (10%) of the base price of the home that is placed into an escrow account.
- After the Agreement is fully executed by all parties, you will want to review the timelines with the sales associate that are spelled out in the Agreement of Sale. Appointments for selections of finishes need to be made with both the sales person and the builder's vendors. Mortgage commitments need to be applied for within five (5) days of the execution of the Agreement and need to be obtained by the date specified in the Agreement. It is important to remember that the settlement dates are target dates for the builder. Situations outside of the builder's control could possibly delay settlement. Your sales person will be able to keep you informed of progress.
- Your visits to the Model Home are welcome. It is suggested that you schedule appointments with the sales associate to answer any questions that may arise while we are constructing your home.
- Prior to the builder dry walling your home, your sales associate will contact you to schedule an appointment for you to walk through the home. The field superintendent, and sales associate will review with you any changes and/or options you've selected. It is also a good time for you to review wiring changes you've made with the electrical contractor, or options you've purchased for stereo and security systems.
Approximately thirty (30) days prior to settlement you will be contacted with information about settlement. At that time we will schedule a walk-through of your new home with the field superintendant for one week prior to settlement. We will also schedule the pre-settlement inspection that occurs on the final settlement day.
Relax and congratulate yourself on your decision to purchase a Gambone home.
You will enjoy this decision for a lifetime!